We have a new Facebook group called IMBA Triplet Families, exclusively for triplet families in Ireland. If you have triplets and want to join, please let us know. Interest has been great so far but we know there are lots more of you out there!
Fun Facts and Tips
By Nicki Tynan Mum to 3 year old GGG triplets
- The average length of gestation is 34 weeks for triplets.
- For triplets, a total weight gain of 23 – 27 kg (50 – 60 lbs), preferably 16 kg (36 lbs) by week 24, then 0.6kg (1.25 lbs) each week until birth.
- Triplet parents should expect to change close to 7,000 nappies in the first year.
- Researchers estimate that babies spend 1 – 2 hours a day crying. Multiply that by 3 for triplets and that is A LOT of crying!
- If you are expecting 3 or more babies, you are slightly more likely to have more girls than boys. The more babies you have at once, the higher proportion will be girls.
When expecting triplets be prepared, stock the freezer, buy 10 times as much detergent and fabric conditioner as you think you might need and have leaflets for all your local take aways. Have nappies, formula and groceries delivered by your local supermarket.
If your triplets require different types of formula, you can keep things straight by colour coding their bottles. Either buy different colours or use permanent marker to make identity marks.
We are delighted to announce the new IMBA Dublin Triplet Club. They will be meeting the last Saturday of every second month in The Citywest Shopping Centre, 10.30-12.30, and I hope this location will be convenient for families travelling outside of Dublin.
Put the dates in the diary now:
July 25th, September 27th & November 29th
There will be a small entrance charge to cover the tea, coffee and biscuits IMBA members (€2 per family) Non IMBA members (€4 per family).
As this is the first type of club set up we would encourage families of triplets of all ages to come and join us and for the parents and children to make new friends and share their experiences.
If you have any questions please contact Grainne on
We just added a new Facebook group called IMBA Triplet Families, exclusively for triplet families in Ireland. If you have triplets and want to join, please let us know! Interest has been great so far but we know there are lots more of you out there!
Sourcing your Triple Buggy
Family Fare in Ringsend, Dublin can assist you in choosing and sourcing a buggy for triplets. Contact no. 01 6600168 http://www.familyfare.ie
UK Stockists of Triple Buggies
Members Related Articles
Three is the Magic Number by Paul Stack
Breastfeeding triplets – Sandra Ryan
- The Everything Twins, Triplets and More book by Pamela Fierro
- Twins and Multiple Births by Dr. Carol Cooper
- The Multiple Pregnancy Sourcebook by Nancy Bower
- Mothering Multiples by Karen Kerkhoff
- The Complete Manual for parents of Multiple Birth Children by Rebecca E Maskwinnski
Finding out your expecting triplets or more can be a shock. If you’d like to talk to someone who has triplets or quads, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put you in touch with a parent of triplets or more.