If you have experienced the loss of one or more of your babies in a multiple pregnancy, we are very sorry. This is a huge bereavement for you and your family. The Irish Multiple Births Association has put in place some supports and information which will hopefully offer you some guidance.
A Little Lifetime offers a parent to parent support via a closed group on Facebook. Search on Facebook for “A Little Lifetime Foundation (ALLF) Loss of a Twin/Triplet” or contact A Little Lifetime directly – link to this https://alittlelifetime.ie/.
- Baby Loss in a Multiple Pregnancy
The Irish Neo-natal Health Alliance and VP Ireland have produced a booklet which focuses on the experiences of parents who have lost a baby or babies in a multiple pregnancy. Download the booklet here: Baby Loss in a Multiple Pregnancy
If you or someone you know, if affected by the death of a baby, there is support available.
- A Little Lifetime Foundation – alittlelifetime.ie
- Anam Cara – anamcara.ie
- Barnardos – barnardos.ie
- Bereavement Camp for Families at Barretstown – barretstown.org
- Féileacáin – feileacain.ie
- Firstlight – firstlight.ie
- Leanbh mo Chroí – lmcsupport.ie
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep – nowilaymedowntosleep.org
- Miscarriage Association of Ireland – miscarriage.ie
- Potter’s Syndrome – potterssyndrome.org
- Rainbows Ireland – rainbowsireland.ie
- Soft Ireland – softireland.com
- Tamba UK Bereavement Group – tamba.org.uk/bereavement
- The Irish Childhood Bereavement Network – childhoodbereavement.ie
- VP Ireland – Find us on Facebook at Vasa Praevia Support & Awareness Ireland.